Hamilton Tiger-Cats call for another blackout
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats want fans to wear black on Friday (Nov. 22) as a symbol of support for the team who are in Calgary ahead of their Grey Cup game on Sunday.
“With the Hamilton Tiger-Cats’ sights set on a 16th Grey Cup Championship this Sunday in Calgary, we’re calling on all Hamiltonians (and Ticats fans far & wide) to come together this Friday, November 22, and wear black as a symbol of support and unity in the community!” a release from the team says.
They’re trying to maintain the momentum from last Sunday’s victorious Eastern Division Final at Tim Hortons Field where more than 25,000 fans — a record-breaking attendance for the team — dressed in black.
“Let’s keep the Blackout energy rolling! Whether you’re at school, work, or out and about around town; wear black!” the release says.
The Ticats confirmed that they will be wearing black uniforms on Sunday against the Winnipeg Bluebombers.
Fans are asked to tweet pictures at @Ticats using the hashtag #GreyCupBlackout. And the team promises to retweet some of their favourites.
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- 5 Best running trails near Hamilton
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested