Hamilton Ticats unveil coaching staff for 2020
HAMILTON -- Orlondo Steinauer will have plenty of familiar faces on the sidelines with him this season.
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats head coach unveiled his 2020 coaching staff Thursday (Feb. 6) and it includes nine returnees from last year's squad. Steinauer added Mike Gibson as offensive line coach, who'll replace Dennis McKnight.
Gibson had served previously as an assistant head coach and offensive co-ordinator with Hamilton (2009-2010). Gibson spent the previous four seasons with the Edmonton Eskimos, working as an assistant head coach/offensive line coach last year.
Four of Steinauer's assistants will have new roles in 2020. They include: Tommy Condell (offensive co-ordinator/quarterback coach); Jim Barker (offensive/special teams assistant/personnel consultant); Craig Butler (defensive backs coach/special assistant) and Jarryd Baines (receivers coach).
Rounding out Steinuaer's staff are Mark Washington (defensive co-ordinator), Jeff Reinebold (special teams co-ordinator), Robin Ross (linebckers), Randy Melvin (defensive line) and D.J. Harper (running backs).
- Hamilton up to 198 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- An update from the HWDSB
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Hamilton's Maple Leaf Foods plant remains open as more Brampton employees test positive for COVID-19
- Hamilton hospitals look to hire health-care professionals to help in battle against COVID-19
- Toronto Maple Leafs fire head coach Mike Babcock
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats re-sign all-star defensive end
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- UPDATE: Coach's Corner host Ron MacLean apologizes for Don Cherry's controversial remarks
- Ted Laurent will return for 7th season with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats