Hamilton sales clerk 'still in shock' over lottery win
A Hamilton woman is still in shock after winning big in the lottery.
Giacomina Casciola of Hamilton can realize her dreams after winning a $500,000 Maxmillions prize in the December 31, 2019 Lotto Max draw.
Casciola, a sales clerk, discovered her win when she checked her ticket on the OLG Lottery App.
"I didn't believe it," she said, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up her cheque. "I thought it was wrong because it was so unbelievable."
Casciola said she doesn't have any plans for her win yet because she's still in shock.
"I'm going to take some time to let this sink in before I make any decisions," she said.
Lotto Max players in Ontario have won over $5.2 billion since 2009, including 68 jackpot wins and 584 Maxmillions prizes, right across the province. Lotto Max is $5 per play and draws take place on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Casciola's winning ticket was purchased at Shoppers Drug Mart on Mud Street in Stoney Creek.
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Tow truck driver charged with stunt driving in Hamilton
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared in Hamilton over the weekend
- Hundreds of Hamilton residents without power Monday morning