Hamilton reporting just three new cases of COVID-19 in 24 hours
Hamilton is reporting just three more cases of COVID-19 in the community in 24 hours on Thursday (May 21).
According to numbers posted on the City of Hamilton's COVID-19 website, there are 605 cases of the virus in the community -- 598 confirmed positive and seven presumptive.
After a slight dip this week in the percentage of resolved cases, the number appears to be creeping upwards again. There are 404 of Hamilton's overall cases that have been resolved, about 67 per cent (up from 66 per cent Wednesday).
Last week, an outbreak at The Rosslyn Retirement Home in East Hamilton that quickly got out of control, saw the city's number of infections skyrocket.
At least two residents of the long-term care facility have died as a result of the virus. The city's death toll is 30.
As it stands, there are eight active outbreaks at facilities across Hamilton -- which is down from 12, as reported on Wednesday.
Hamilton hospitals are currently treating 66 people for the virus.
Ontario is reporting 413 new COVID-19 cases Thursday, and 31 more deaths.
That brings the province to a total of 24,187 cases, which is an increase of 1.7 per cent over the previous day.
Ontario's growth rate in cases has steadily hovered between 1.5 and 1.9 per cent for 11 of the past 12 days.
The province's case total includes 1,993 deaths and 18,509 resolved cases.
Ontario completed 10,506 tests in the previous day, marking a fourth straight day the province has fallen short of its goal of doing at least 16,000 tests per day.
-- With a file and photo from The Canadian Press
- Shooting in Hamilton leaves man dead
- One person hospitalized after heavy fire breaks out in Hamilton
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Another major downtown Hamilton street to be converted to two-way
- Province introducing fixed electricity price to assist residents during COVID-19
- Number of resolved COVID-19 cases in Hamilton is up to 60 per cent
- Hamilton reports two new COVID-19-related deaths as number of resolved cases climbs
- LATEST: Hamilton reports 12 new cases of COVID-19 in 24 hours
- 399 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 474 total cases confirmed in Hamilton
- 323 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 678 total cases found in Hamilton