Hamilton Police urge witnesses to double homicide to come forward
Hamilton Police are urging witnesses to a double fatal shooting over the weekend to come forward.
Detectives say they continue to investigate the double homicide which occurred early in the morning on Sunday, March 8, 2020, in the area of Barton Street E and Chestnut Avenue.
The victims have been identified as 39-year-old Jahmal Thomas from Brantford and 25-year-old Rhonda Homsombath of Hamilton.
On Tuesday afternoon, forensic officers completed their investigation of the crime scene and have now focused their efforts on processing evidence.
With the information police have at this time, the possibility of additional shooters has not been ruled out. However, the original suspect description remains in effect, police say.
The suspect in this incident is described as a dark-skinned black male with a thin build, approximately 5’10 and possibly in his early 30s. He is believed to have short braids and was wearing dark jeans or pants and a track suit-style zip-up jacket. The suspect fled in an unknown direction after the shooting.
Investigators say they are currently reviewing surveillance video which has captured nearly 100 potential witnesses in the Urban Lounge at the time of the shooting.
Hamilton Police continue to appeal for witnesses to come forward. Additionally, area residents are also asked to check their security cameras for any suspicious activity during 5:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m last Sunday morning.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Daryl Reid at 905-546-3825.
To provide information anonymously, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- 5 Best running trails near Hamilton
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested
- Police identify victims of fatal shooting in Hamilton
- UPDATE: Suspect sought in shooting that killed two people in Hamilton
- Police urging witnesses of shooting that left seven-year-old boy injured to contact them
- Police searching for suspect of late night shooting in Hamilton
- UPDATE: Police are urging witnesses of shooting involving seven-year-old boy in Hamilton to come forward