Hamilton Police release image of vehicle suspected in fatal hit and run
Hamilton Police have released an image of a vehicle they believe was involved in fatal hit and run on the weekend.
The Hamilton Police Collision Reconstruction Unit says they continue to investigate the collision that resulted in the death of a 29-year-old pedestrian on Sunday morning on Upper Wellington.
Through investigation, Hamilton Police detectives have established a dark gray, 2010 Dodge Caravan was involved.
The suspect vehicle involved in the Sunday morning fatal accident has been identified. 2010 gray Dodge Caravan - last seen travelling westbound on Queensdale Ave. The driver is urged to contact police. Anyone with info pls call 905-546-4753/4755. #HamOnt https://t.co/MMKzNDpZnA— Hamilton Police (@HamiltonPolice) January 14, 2020
It is believed the vehicle has sustained damage to the undercarriage and the front lower bumper.
The vehicle was last seen travelling southbound on Upper Wellington Street and then westbound on Queensdale Avenue.
The operator of the vehicle is urged to contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Collision Reconstruction Unit - Detective Constables (905) 546-4753 or (905) 546-4755 or the on-duty Uniform Staff Sergeant at Division 30 (905)-546-3886.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Back to school in Hamilton: Here's the public school board's latest plan for reopening
- Several downtown Hamilton roads closed for police investigation
- Hamilton man facing several charges in relation to downtown drug bust
- Hamilton-born Eugene Levy wins lifetime achievement award
- Skies will be clear in Hamilton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Update: Victim of hit and run reportedly laying in road before collision
- Man found dead inside vehicle in Ancaster field: police
- Binbrook man killed in single-car collision over the weekend
- Man who suffered medical episode that led to collision dies: Police
- Speed, drugs contributing factors in fatal motorcycle collision: Hamilton Police