Hamilton Police involved in investigation in East Hamilton, residents asked to avoid area
Hamilton Police (HPS) are asking drivers and pedestrians to avoid the area around Gage Avenue North and Cannon Street East on Tuesday (July 7) afternoon.
At around 4:30, police tweeted out that they were responding to a domestic dispute in the area. HPS discovered a man armed with a gun in a car in the area.
During an altercation, an unidentified man suffered a gunshot wound.
Pedestrians and drivers are instructed to avoid the area until further notice.
- Hamilton truck driver wins big on $1 lotto ticket
- Police looking for missing 10 year old girl in Hamilton
- Road closure to take effect for two weeks due to ongoing construction in Hamilton
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Hamilton
- Shooting victim not cooperating with investigation, Hamilton Police say
- UPDATE: Hamilton police involved in standoff; people asked to avoid the area
- Hamilton fire crews battling fire in abandoned downtown building, residents asked to avoid area
- Police Investigation Closes an Area of Hamilton
- Hamilton Police continue to comb area where bones were discovered
- Hamilton Police investigating after bones found in industrial area