Hamilton police detain man wanted on Canada-wide warrant
Hamilton police said Wednesday (Oct. 23) that they have a man wanted on a Canada-wide warrant for sex assault in custody
HPS said they have been involved in an ongoing investigation between February 2018 and October 2018, involving Jamal Morris.
A Canada-wide warrant was issued along with a media release on May 3, 2018, in the hopes of locating him.
On October 21, 2019, Morris turned himself in at Hamilton Police Central Police Station shortly after 11:00 p.m. He was brought into custody with his bail opposed.
Morris, 32, is facing five charges of assault, two of forcible confinement, two of choking, and a charge of sex assault and uttering threats of death or bodily harm, and failure to comply.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Const. Scott Yuill by calling 905-546-8911.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Hamilton truck driver wins big on $1 lotto ticket
- Police looking for missing 10 year old girl in Hamilton
- Road closure to take effect for two weeks due to ongoing construction in Hamilton
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Hamilton
- Shooting victim not cooperating with investigation, Hamilton Police say
- WANTED: Hamilton police issue warrant for man wanted for assaults
- Man wanted on Canada wide warrant known to frequent Hamilton area
- Man Wanted For Multiple Charges Turns Himself in to the Hamilton Police
- Warrant issued for Hamilton man wanted in violent variety store robbery
- Hamilton police looking for assault suspect