Hamilton on track for a blast of winter later this week
Environment Canada warns that Hamilton is in for a winter blast later this week.
Snow and ice pellets expected Wednesday night and into Thursday, the agency said Tuesday (Feb. 4) in a weather statement.
A low from Texas is expected to move towards Southern and Eastern Ontario, probably following a track just south of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario Thursday.
Snow is expected to arrive Wednesday night and may become mixed with ice pellets before coming to an end in the wake of the low by Thursday night.
There is still some uncertainty as to the exact track of the low.
Environment Canada warns that there is also a risk of freezing rain.
At this point, total snowfall amounts are expected to be near 5 cm.
The Thursday morning and afternoon commutes may be affected.
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared in Hamilton over the weekend
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Tow truck driver charged with stunt driving in Hamilton
- McMaster University says all classes for Fall 2020 term to be online