Hamilton man plans trip to Italy with Lotto winnings
A Hamilton man is celebrating a pretty significant windfall thanks to a Lotto 649 win.
Joseph Parente has that '6/49 feeling,' as it were, after winning a Lotto 6/49 second prize worth $63,872.40 in the November 30, 2019 draw.
Parente matched five numbers plus the bonus number to win the prize. He also won $5 on another one of his Lotto 6/49 selections, bringing his total winnings to $63,877.40.
Joseph, a retired father of three, said he didn't check his ticket immediately following the draw.
"I hold onto my tickets for a while before checking them," he said, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his cheque. "When I finally found out I won, I called my sons to share the good news!"
Parente said he plans to take a trip to Italy.
"I moved to Canada when I was six. I'm interested in going back to Italy to trace my roots and map out my family tree."
"Winning feels like a dream," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Foodland on Greenhill Avenue in Hamilton.
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions
- Fatal Mount Hope crash a result of speed and impairment: Hamilton Police
- Trudeau takes a pass on meeting this week with Trump, Lopez Obrador
- Hamilton-raised theatre star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after months of complications from COVID-19
- Hamilton family-run business poised for growth even amid global pandemic