Hamilton has 11 new confirmed cases of COVID-19
The City of Hamilton is reporting that there are 112 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the city as of 3:30 Wednesday (April 1).
That's up 11 cases from Tuesday.
At this point, the city says on their website, there have been 26 cases of COVID-19 in Hamilton that indicate that there is spread in the community, in addition to other travel-related cases.
At Tuesday's media briefing, Hamilton Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Elizabeth Richardson, said that of the cases in Hamilton, 29 had been resolved (this means they've had several COVID-19 tests come back negative).
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) is reporting that they are currently treating six COVID-19 patients in their hospitals and St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton is currently treating three.
The status of those cases is unknown at this time, but Tuesday, Richardson said there were two cases in the ICU.
The City is holding their third COVID-19 virtual town hall Wednesday evening at 7 p.m.
It can be watched on Cable 14, listened to via 900 CHML, or streamed on the city's youtube channel.
On Wednesday, Ontario reported a sharp increase in the number of cases across the province.
There were 426 new cases, bringing the total to 2,392 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 37 people have died of the disease, while another 689 have made full recoveries so far.
Photo courtesy The Canadian Press
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- 5 Best running trails near Hamilton
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested
- 399 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 474 total cases confirmed in Hamilton
- 434 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 454 total cases confirmed in Hamilton
- 424 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Hamilton
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 458 total cases confirmed in Hamilton
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 460 total cases confirmed in Hamilton