Hamilton Airport ups its culinary game
Hamilton Airport has upped its culinary game.
Last month, John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport announced the opening of Detour YHM - the newest food and beverage offering at the airport that boasts two convenient locations.
The partnership formed between Hamilton International and Equal Parts Hospitality introduces a 'Made in Hamilton' approach featuring several local small businesses such as Detour Coffee Roasters, Collective Arts Brewing and Dear Grain Bakery.
Other small business brands plan to be introduced as Detour YHM evolves its products in response to changing consumer needs.
Over the past two years, the Airport has seen passenger activity increase by 118 per cent and goods movement increase by 20 per cent. Since 2013, the airport has seen an increase in employment by 25 per cent.
In a press release, issued last month, the airport says to address the rising number of people using and working at the airport, the time was ripe to introduce more food and beverage options.
"These additional travellers, Airport employees and the community will be able to take advantage of delicious local food and beverage offerings including a wide selection of grab and go items, light entrees, gourmet coffee options and craft beers."
Photo courtesy Hamilton International Airport Facebook page.
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- Hamilton family-run business poised for growth even amid global pandemic
- Fatal Mount Hope crash a result of speed and impairment: Hamilton Police
- Paying for parking in Hamilton just got easier (and more expensive!)
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions
- Hamilton Airport has seen astonishing growth in past three years
- Business is booming at Hamilton's airport
- Hamilton and Airport Ordered to Clean Up Toxic Mess
- Today expected to be the busiest day of the holidays for Pearson Airport
- Passengers and employees at Pearson airport must now wear masks ‘at all times’