Hamilton Airport ups its culinary game
Hamilton Airport has upped its culinary game.
Last month, John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport announced the opening of Detour YHM - the newest food and beverage offering at the airport that boasts two convenient locations.
The partnership formed between Hamilton International and Equal Parts Hospitality introduces a 'Made in Hamilton' approach featuring several local small businesses such as Detour Coffee Roasters, Collective Arts Brewing and Dear Grain Bakery.
Other small business brands plan to be introduced as Detour YHM evolves its products in response to changing consumer needs.
Over the past two years, the Airport has seen passenger activity increase by 118 per cent and goods movement increase by 20 per cent. Since 2013, the airport has seen an increase in employment by 25 per cent.
In a press release, issued last month, the airport says to address the rising number of people using and working at the airport, the time was ripe to introduce more food and beverage options.
"These additional travellers, Airport employees and the community will be able to take advantage of delicious local food and beverage offerings including a wide selection of grab and go items, light entrees, gourmet coffee options and craft beers."
Photo courtesy Hamilton International Airport Facebook page.
- An update from the HWDSB
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Cannabis retailers now permitted to provide delivery and curbside pick-up options
- Pedestrian in her 60s killed in downtown Hamilton
- BREAKING: Outbreak declared among staff of Hamilton hospital's special care nursery
- Hamilton Airport has seen astonishing growth in past three years
- Today expected to be the busiest day of the holidays for Pearson Airport
- Hamilton and Airport Ordered to Clean Up Toxic Mess
- Weather conditions resulting in flight delays and cancellations at Pearson Airport
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island