Four Arrested at People's Party Fundraiser Event in Hamilton
Four people were detained in a recent fundraising event for a Canadian political party.
On Sunday, September 29, a fundraising/speaking event for the People’s Party was held at the Mohawk College McIntyre Performing Arts Centre.
Event attendees were met by a large group of approximately 100 protesters as they entered the building, according to police.
“Four arrests were made for breach of the peace,” police say. “The arrested parties were removed from the scene and later released unconditionally.”
Officers and Mohawk College Security Services were reportedly on-site to ensure safety for both the protesters and attendees.
No injuries were reported in this incident.
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 147 in Hamilton
- 'It's like a bad movie,' says Hamilton mayor of provincial COVID-19 modelling
- City of Hamilton transitioning seven retirement home residents to hospitals
- Top 5 Hamilton restaurants with alcohol delivery
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19
- Hamilton police make three arrests in connection to PPC event protest
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Hamilton Police Looking Into Incident of Protesters Confronting Elderly Couple
- Threats made to Hamilton pro-diversity group over response to PPC event
- City of Hamilton to hold public event to discuss racism
- All Roads Reopened in Connection to Social Event in Hamilton