Former Hamilton principal faces more sexual assault charges: police
A former Hamilton principal is facing additional charges as other victims have come forward with allegations of sexual assault.
On August 6, 2019, Hamilton Police charged Damir Ivankovic, a former Principal at Ryerson Middle School in Hamilton with sexual assault. As a result of a public appeal, additional victims were identified.
On December 12, 2019, Damir Ivankovic was arrested and further charges were laid:
- Sexual Assault x 2
- Sexual Interference x 2
He was released on a Promise to Appear and expected back in court on January 14, 2020, to answer to the charges.
The incidents for which Ivankovic has been charged is alleged to have taken place during the 2017 and 2018 school year and involved female students who attended Ryerson Middle School.
The investigation into Ivankovic’s conduct began early in 2019 when it was reported that an incident took place during the 2017 school year and involved a female student who attended Ryerson Middle School. In that case, he faces charges of sexual assault and sexual interference.
Ivankovic had been employed with the Hamilton Wentworth District School Board since 2003 and subsequently employed at Ryerson Elementary School in September 2014.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Harold Harris from the Child Abuse Unit by calling 905-540-6253.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
Hamilton Police say there is no guaranteed way to prevent sexual assault. Sharing the details of this assault is intended to provide the community information, and people are encouraged to trust their instincts. For confidential support, please call the Sexual Assault Centre’s 24-hour support line at (905)525-4162 or connect at www.sacha.ca, the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Care Centre at www.hhsc.ca/sadv.
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared in Hamilton over the weekend
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Tow truck driver charged with stunt driving in Hamilton
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- McMaster University says all classes for Fall 2020 term to be online
- Hamilton man charged in connection to sexual assault of PSW
- Police Investigate Sexual Assault at Hamilton's Valley Park
- New Bill would require judges to undergo training in sexual assault law
- Ancaster man faces assault charges in road rage incident on the LINC
- Candlelight vigil to be held for 14-year-old boy killed in school assault