For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
Breaking Bad fans all around the world are gearing up for El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, set to premiere in October — though unfortunately for us in Canada, we probably won’t get to see it on the big screen.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, El Camino will play in select theatres only in the US when it premieres on Netflix the weekend of Friday, October 11.
Set after the events of Breaking Bad, the film follows Jesse Pinkman as he escapes captivity and struggles to cope with his twisted past.
“We would have this wonderful, very limited, one-time opportunity to watch our television show on a big screen with giant stereo speakers thumping, the image filling 40 feet across,” writer and director Vince Gilligan told The Hollywood Reporter.
“I always thought, ‘This thing, it looks like a movie. It doesn’t look like a show.’ I really want to be able to share that with fans.”
The 68 cities that will play the movie in theatres include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Albuquerque.
For those of us north of the border, it looks like we’ll have to catch the movie on Netflix Canada (thankfully the same weekend).
The movie will reportedly air on AMC early next year.
Cover photo courtesy of Netflix
- Hamilton truck driver wins big on $1 lotto ticket
- Police looking for missing 10 year old girl in Hamilton
- Road closure to take effect for two weeks due to ongoing construction in Hamilton
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Hamilton
- Shooting victim not cooperating with investigation, Hamilton Police say
- Hamilton theatre rolls out red carpet for baby-friendly movie screening
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Quebec orders bars, movie theatres to close to limit spread of COVID-19
- Canada's largest movie theatre chain sold to UK-based company
- Here's What's Coming to Netflix Canada in October 2019