Favourite Hamilton food truck parks permanently on Barton
Hamilton’s The Dirty South Food Truck is parking itself permanently at a Barton Street storefront and they’ll be open for business later this week.
The new (but well-known) gourmet BBQ restaurant, located at 10 Barton Street E, will celebrate its grand opening this Friday (March 13).
The Dirty South is the latest in a line of food innovators setting up shop on Barton. They join the ranks of MaiPai Tiki Bar, The Heather, 541 Eatery and Exchange, Crumbled and soon-to-open Duke’s Pub Pasta and Pizzeria, among others.
The crew at The Dirty South, lead by chef Brett Liersch, are known for their no-nonsense and efficient service and their stellar menu — which changes on a daily basis — that features a number of different southern-inspired poutines, pulled pork, fried chicken and tacos.
The Dirty South hit the streets of Hamilton in 2012 and ever since it’s been a consistent favourite for food truck and BBQ lovers alike.
And even though this southern-inspired joint is setting up a brick and mortar operation, they haven’t forgotten their roots and they will still be out there on the streets and will likely be found in your neighbourhood in the warmer months to come.
They will also still be offering catering, which has become popular for weddings.
Judging from the response on social media, there’s likely to be a line-up out the door in the days to come.
Photo courtesy Dirty South’s Facebook page
- Another Hamilton long-term care home has declared a COVID-19 outbreak
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Big changes coming to HSR as they ramp up physical distancing measures
- Justin Trudeau says it would be a “mistake” for the U.S. to reduce amount of medical equipment coming into Canada
- 'It's like a bad movie,' says Hamilton mayor of provincial COVID-19 modelling