European coffee chain coming soon to Hamilton
Westdale Village is about to become the newest home of Mikel Coffee.
Mikel Coffee Company is a coffeehouse chain based out of Greece that has more than 200 locations across the world.
It seems that the Westdale location, which is currently hiring, will be among the first in Canada.
In an Instagram post this week, the Westdale Village business association announced the chain’s imminent arrival and the fact that the new location is hiring.
Touted as the ‘Greek answer to Starbucks,’ Mikel serves up your typical coffeehouse fare with a few little Greek innovations thrown in.
The Greek Frappe, I can say from experience, will really put some pep in your step.
Baked goods, sandwiches and sweets are also featured prominently on the menu.
No word yet on when the Westdale location will be opening, but considering that they’re hiring, likely within the next month or so.
Photo courtesy Mikel’s Facebook page.
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions
- Fatal Mount Hope crash a result of speed and impairment: Hamilton Police
- Hamilton family-run business poised for growth even amid global pandemic
- Trudeau takes a pass on meeting this week with Trump, Lopez Obrador
- Hamilton-raised theatre star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after months of complications from COVID-19
- New coffee shop opens in Westdale, the first Canadian location for this European chain
- A very popular bubble tea chain coming to Hamilton
- Hamilton Tim Hortons Are Celebrating National Coffee Day This Weekend
- Here's How Hamiltonians Can Get a Free Coffee Twice a Month
- You have to check out Hamilton's newest coffee hangout