COMING SOON: Historic Hamilton hot spot to open second location on Barton
So what's better than One Duke? Two Dukes, of course!
The team behind One Duke is adding to their duchy with a second location on Barton Street opening in the coming months.
The Duke’s Pub Pasta and Pizzeria will stick, in large part, with the formula that has proven successful at the original location on Duke Street, but with an emphasis on their signature pub pastas.
"The menu on Barton will be slightly different," Zig Misiak, Mighty Tidy Business Inc.'s chief marketing officer, told InTheHammer. "We want our deliveries from either location to have a wider appeal in terms of menu selections."
Mighty Tidy, a Brantford-based family-run (Misiak's son, Tyler, is the CEO) firm, bought One Duke a little more than three years ago and took the opportunity to upgrade the pub, its brand and their menu options (hello buck-a-shuck oysters seven days a week!).
Since coming to town, Mighty Tidy has not only reasserted One Duke's reputation as a destination for delicious food and good times, but they've made significant efforts to give back to the community that has welcomed them. They've generously supported CityKidz and are participants in Novemburger, among other things.
"We're committed to supporting the community in which we do business," Misiak said.
The new Duke's, located at 301-303 Barton St. E, will be opening in early to mid-February, Misiak said, and so far, the reception from the community has been resoundingly supportive.
"We are most certainly impressed with the calibre, support and professionalism of Barton Village BIA," he said.
As the second Duke prepares to take its throne on the burgeoning Barton Street, Misiak says they have their eye on expanding their kingdom to a third yet-to-be-disclosed location in Hamilton.
Come what may, we eagerly await this new Duke because if it's anything like the original, we certainly won't be disappointed.
- Girl dies while horseback riding in Hamilton
- First responders attending to horseback riding accident in Hamilton
- COVID-19: Hamilton up to 1,070 cases as province reports 425 new cases
- Hamilton Police look to identify suspects in SUV arson
- VIDEO: Hamilton high school students perform 'Bare Necessities' virtually and it's wonderful
- 5 reasons Barton Street is the place to be in Hamilton
- Epic Books Opens Second Location in Barton Village
- Watermain break in East Hamilton closes portion of Barton
- PHOTOS: Live, work and play on Hamilton's Barton Street in these gorgeous lofts
- Young Hamilton entrepreneur builds her brand in Barton Village