City releases guidelines for restaurants to safely reopen in Hamilton
Restaurants are now open in Hamilton! …Kind of.
In case you missed it, restaurants, bars, food trucks, and other such establishments (such as wineries, breweries and distilleries) are open only for outdoor dining as part of Hamilton entering Phase 2 of the province’s reopening framework.
“Access to indoor facilities will be limited to patio/outdoor dining area access, food pickup, payment, washrooms or other health and safety purposes,” the City said in a statement.
As a result, it now falls on restaurant owners to ensure their customers and staff follow physical distancing protocols, among other recommendations.
The city has released the following guidelines to help restaurants safely reopen during this time:
- Allow customers and staff to maintain a distance of two metres apart
- Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces and food prep areas
- Require customers and staff to wear a face covering except when eating
- Keep a check-in log with contact information for customers and staff
- Require staff and customers to wash their hands frequently, avoid touching their face, and stay home if they are sick
The city says restaurants can ensure physical distancing by:
- Using reservations
- Limiting the number of patrons allowed in the outdoor space at one time
- Ensuring enough space between tables, including to allow for movement
Restaurants can continue to provide take-out, drive-thru, and delivery services.
More guidelines and recommendations for reopening are listed on the city’s website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Hamilton couple celebrates big lotto win
- Photo radar pilot aims to crack down on speeding in Hamilton
- Luxury wellness boutique opens second shop on Locke Street in Hamilton
- Hamilton's waterfalls will reopen next week; Here's what you need to know
- Hamilton man arrested for allegedly publishing illegally obtained intimate photos of Oakville woman
- Here's what Phase 2 of reopening will look like in Hamilton
- Province urges residents to follow public health advice as Ontario enters first phase of reopening
- Subway reopening as many restaurants as possible this month
- Province encouraging Ontarians to support local breweries and wineries
- Company that operates Tim Hortons preparing to reopen dining rooms when safe