City of Hamilton recognized as a top employer in Hamilton-Niagara Region
The City of Hamilton has been designated as one of the Hamilton-Niagara region's top employers.
For the fifth time, the City of Hamilton has been recognized as a Top Regional Employer in the Hamilton-Niagara Region for 2020.
The City's selection for the 2020 list was based on a submission by City staff to Mediacorp Canada Inc. which oversees the competition.
The City of Hamilton currently employs 5,582 full-time staff and 2,766 part-time workers. The longest-serving employee at the City of Hamilton has worked there for more than 49 years.
"It's an honour to once again be recognized as a Top Regional Employer in the Hamilton-Niagara Region," said city manager Janette Smith in a release announcing the designation.
"It's important to us to create a work environment that is supportive, innovative and forward-thinking to best position our employees to serve our residents and businesses, now and in the future. This, combined with our commitment to building a vibrant, inclusive city, makes the City of Hamilton a great place to grow one's career."
Now in its 13th year, Hamilton-Niagara's Top Regional Employers is a special designation that recognizes employers in greater Hamilton and the Niagara region that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work.
Employers are compared to other organizations in their field to determine which offer the most progressive and forward-thinking programs.
In a release outlining the reasons for the City of Hamilton's designation, Mediacorp Canada Inc., points to flexible work arrangements, benefits, in-house training initiatives, internships and summer employment programs and the city's mental health and wellness strategies as providing a positive work environment.
- Hamilton Police involved in investigation in East Hamilton, residents asked to avoid area
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- Paying for parking in Hamilton just got easier (and more expensive!)
- City of Hamilton amends bylaw to make way for more patios
- LATEST: Hamilton's Santa Claus Parade cancelled
- Hamilton's Mohawk College named among Canada's greenest employers
- Is Hamilton a Great Place to Raise Children? The City Wants to Know
- City of Hamilton Works Toward Inclusive Policy
- City of Hamilton to hire expert to monitor quality of city's watercourses
- Some of Canada's top employers are right here in Hamilton