City closing portion of major Hamilton road for bridge repairs
A portion of Nikola Tesla Boulevard will be closed this week and next for bridge repairs.
In order to complete bridge repairs on the Nikola Tesla Blvd overpass, the City says they will close the eastbound and westbound lanes for three days, beginning Wednesday (Nov. 27)
All westbound lanes will be closed between Woodward and Strathearne from Wednesday, until Friday (Nov. 29) evening, the city says in a release issued Monday.
Following the westbound closure, all eastbound lanes will be closed between Ottawa Street and Parkdale from Monday, December 2 at 9 a.m. until the evening of Wednesday, December 4.
Motorists can continue to travel east and west around the overpass closure by staying on the surface roadway on Burlington Street.
The project is expected to wrap up on or before December 4, weather permitting.
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared in Hamilton over the weekend
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Tow truck driver charged with stunt driving in Hamilton
- McMaster University says all classes for Fall 2020 term to be online
- Portion of Ottawa Street to close this week for construction
- Bridge repair to cause significant traffic delays in East Hamilton for weeks
- Lift bridge repairs slated for next week to cause delays
- Sewer repairs force lane reductions along a portion of Ottawa Street
- Construction will close portion of Stone Church for three months