Cineplex is giving away free popcorn this weekend
What's a movie without popcorn?
If you're a fan of the savoury snack, you'll be excited to hear Cineplex has announced they will be giving out free popcorn to customers on Sunday, January 19.
The promotion, which is intended to celebrate National Popcorn Day, is happening at all 165 Cineplex locations across the country.
"Popcorn is synonymous with the movie-going experience, especially at Cineplex," Sarah Van Lange, Executive Director of Communications for Cineplex, said in a news release.
"Now in its third year, we're excited to continue a tradition that Canadians have come to love and celebrate this classic movie treat on National Popcorn Day," she continued.
Best of all, those who can't physically get to the theatre can still get a bag of popcorn free. Those who would prefer to enjoy their popcorn from the comfort of their couch can simply order a small bag from Cineplex on SkipTheDishes.
The catch? The promotion is only available to Scene members. However, those who don't have a Scene account can sign up for one before January 19 to get their free bag of popcorn.
- An update from the HWDSB
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Cannabis retailers now permitted to provide delivery and curbside pick-up options
- Pedestrian in her 60s killed in downtown Hamilton
- BREAKING: Outbreak declared among staff of Hamilton hospital's special care nursery
- Here's how you can enjoy a free movie soon in Hamilton
- Ride-like features coming to Cineplex location in Stoney Creek
- Cineplex announces it will remain open despite spread of COVID-19
- Cineplex Family Favourites getting festive in November
- Cineplex to keep its theatres doors closed for the foreseeable future