Cineplex closing theatres until April
Cineplex has announced it will be temporarily closing its facilities for the foreseeable future.
Starting March 16, all theatres and location-based entertainment venues across Canada will be closed until at least April 2.
After April 2, Cineplex will reassess whether it is safe to reopen its facilities.
The decision comes shortly after Cineplex initially announced it would be remaining open to the public, albeit while taking extra precautionary measures.
However, the about-face comes after Christine Elliott, Minister of Health, requested the closure of all recreational programs and libraries, private schools, daycares, churches and other faith settings, as well as bars and restaurants, except those that may only offer takeout or delivery.
- Police intervene after hundreds pack Hamilton parking lot for street racing event
- Police working to lay charges after hundreds gather in Hamilton for street racing event
- 17 Hamilton school bus routes cancelled
- Five places to go apple picking in Hamilton this Fall
- Hamilton's Levy wins Emmy for Schitt's Creek
- Cineplex to keep its theatres doors closed for the foreseeable future
- Cineplex to reopen all movie theatres on Aug. 21
- Cineplex to stick with optional face masks policy, as U.S. theatres reconsider
- Cineplex’s takeover by U.K.-based Cineworld approved by shareholders
- Ride-like features coming to Cineplex location in Stoney Creek