Canadian Craft Brewers Association creates new seal for packaging
More and more Canadians are eschewing mass-produced beers in favour of drinking more local, craft beers.
However, while it can be easy to identify certain beers as mass-produced, such as big-name brands including Budweiser and Molson, it can sometimes be tough to identify which of the smaller ones are independently owned, and which ones are masquerading as such.
Fortunately, those looking to support local, independent breweries won't have to do extra research when shopping for beer for much longer; the Canadian Craft Brewers Association, formed in May of this year, has announced that they have created a new seal that breweries can affix to their products.
The label will available for breweries that fit the definition of a craft brewery to attach to the packaging of their beer to inform customers it comes from a local, independent source.
- Hamilton truck driver wins big on $1 lotto ticket
- Police looking for missing 10 year old girl in Hamilton
- Road closure to take effect for two weeks due to ongoing construction in Hamilton
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Hamilton
- Shooting victim not cooperating with investigation, Hamilton Police say