Bridge repair to cause significant traffic delays in East Hamilton for weeks
Hamilton drivers will need to brace themselves for delays along Centennial Parkway for the next few weeks, the city warned Thursday (Oct. 24).
Starting Monday (Oct. 28) repairs to the bridge that the city says requires "immediate attention," will reduce Centennial Parkway to one lane in each direction at the CP Rail overpass between Ridge Road and King Street East.
The lane reduction is expected to last upwards of six weeks.
Concerns with the bridge structure were noticed during a recent inspection and must be completed before snow and cold temperatures arrive.
The project is expected to wrap up by December 9, 2019, weather permitting.
Motorists are told to expect significant delays during this time.
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions
- Fatal Mount Hope crash a result of speed and impairment: Hamilton Police
- Trudeau takes a pass on meeting this week with Trump, Lopez Obrador
- Hamilton-raised theatre star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after months of complications from COVID-19
- Hamilton family-run business poised for growth even amid global pandemic
- Hamilton drivers can expect delays at this busy intersection in the coming weeks
- Lift bridge repairs slated for next week to cause delays
- Lane restrictions on this Hamilton road will affect traffic for weeks
- City closing portion of major Hamilton road for bridge repairs
- Sewer repairs force lane reductions along a portion of Ottawa Street