Bridge repair to cause significant traffic delays in East Hamilton for weeks
Hamilton drivers will need to brace themselves for delays along Centennial Parkway for the next few weeks, the city warned Thursday (Oct. 24).
Starting Monday (Oct. 28) repairs to the bridge that the city says requires "immediate attention," will reduce Centennial Parkway to one lane in each direction at the CP Rail overpass between Ridge Road and King Street East.
The lane reduction is expected to last upwards of six weeks.
Concerns with the bridge structure were noticed during a recent inspection and must be completed before snow and cold temperatures arrive.
The project is expected to wrap up by December 9, 2019, weather permitting.
Motorists are told to expect significant delays during this time.
- An update from the HWDSB
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Cannabis retailers now permitted to provide delivery and curbside pick-up options
- Pedestrian in her 60s killed in downtown Hamilton
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Hamilton drivers can expect delays at this busy intersection in the coming weeks
- Lift bridge repairs slated for next week to cause delays
- Lane restrictions on this Hamilton road will affect traffic for weeks
- City closing portion of major Hamilton road for bridge repairs
- Sewer repairs force lane reductions along a portion of Ottawa Street