Baby formula recalled due to possible contamination
Residents who own this baby formula product may want to refrain from using it.
Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. is recalling Kirkland Signature brand Non-GMO Infant Formula for Babies Sensitive to Lactose from stores due to possible Cronobacter spp. contamination, according to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
"Food contaminated with Cronobacter may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick," the CFIA reports. "Although Cronobacter is not commonly linked to human illness, in rare cases it can cause serious or fatal infections."
While this recall was originally issued on October 13, 2019, it has been updated to include additional product information.
The following products are affected:
At this time, no illnesses have been reported in relation to these products.
Residents are advised to throw out or return recalled products to the store they were purchased from, and call their doctor if they suspect an illness from a recalled product.
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions
- Fatal Mount Hope crash a result of speed and impairment: Hamilton Police
- Trudeau takes a pass on meeting this week with Trump, Lopez Obrador
- Hamilton-raised theatre star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after months of complications from COVID-19
- Hamilton family-run business poised for growth even amid global pandemic