5 Best stand-up specials available on Netflix
It's crazy to think that just a few weeks ago we were all living our lives as usual.
However, now, in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the government has instructed everyone to practice social distancing, avoid gatherings of 50 or more people, and refrain from leaving the house unless absolutely necessary.
For some, this isn't that much different than their regular, day-to-day lives, for others, it's a struggle.
The good news--if you can find a silver lining--is we're living in a time when being trapped at home doesn't mean we can't still enjoy ourselves.
There are still plenty of fun things to do; including watching streaming services like Netflix.
And, if you feel like you need a laugh to escape the dread that has been building with the spread of this virus, Neflix has you covered.
These are the funniest standup specials available on Neflix.
Whether you know him from his work with the UFC, his podcast, or maybe even his days of hosting Fear Factor, you've probably heard of Rogan.
His latest standup special addresses sexism, and the dangers of feeding your cat a vegan diet.
If you've ever wondered how otters choose their mates, or what it would be like if men got periods instead of women, you'll love Michelle Wolf's latest standup special, which provides a message of empowerment to women.
Another comedian who wears many hats, Glover has been a writer and actor for TV, a rapper--who goes by the name Childish Gambino--and a comedian--and he's excelled at all three.
Those who enjoyed him in Community will enjoy his standup special, which addresses his childhood growing up in a foster home with very strict parents.
Another comedian who's had a pretty successful career off camera, Mulaney has been a writer for several TV shows including Saturday Night Live.
His special, New in Town, pokes fun at his appearance, movies from the 1990's, and religion.
Dave Chappelle has become somewhat of a polarizing figure of late. However, rather than let it deter him, Chappelle has leaned into his role of a political comedian--he even opens his latest special with a dig at audiences for trying to cancel comedians for their material.
His latest special addresses plenty of important issues including issues associated with the LGBTQ+ community, school shootings, R-Kelly, and Michael Jackson.
- Hamilton Police involved in investigation in East Hamilton, residents asked to avoid area
- Paying for parking in Hamilton just got easier (and more expensive!)
- SIU investigating shooting in Hamilton
- City of Hamilton amends bylaw to make way for more patios
- Board of Health to debate mandatory masking in Hamilton this week
- BREAKING: Outbreak declared among staff of Hamilton hospital's special care nursery
- Acclaimed Author Making Special Appearance in Hamilton
- LATEST: Latest confirmed cases in Hamilton are mostly under the age of 10
- Special weather statement in effect for Hamilton this weekend
- Special winter weather statement in effect for Hamilton