412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 626 total cases found in Hamilton
The province says that 412 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,000 residents have died of the virus, with 1,282 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Four staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 23, Ontario is reporting 25,040 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,048 people have died of the disease, while another 19,146 cases have resolved.
The province says 912 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 147 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 119 patients are currently using ventilators.
In Hamilton there are currently 626 total COVID-19 cases (up 13 from Friday’s report) with 619 confirmed positive cases and seven probable cases (cases for certain symptomatic individuals where laboratory results are not available, inconclusive, or negative).
According to the city, 130 (21%) of these cases were ever hospitalized and 67 (11%) of these cases are from facilities with active outbreaks.
32 deaths (5%) have been reported in Hamilton.
At this time, 417 cases are considered resolved (67%).
The city states that noticeable increases in confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Hamilton are the result of changes to testing criteria and local mass testing events in institutional settings, and not necessarily the result of increasing local activity.
The province and city are continuing to update their numbers on a daily basis.
- Another major downtown Hamilton street to be converted to two-way
- Hamilton Police searching for man wanted in break and enters
- LATEST: Hamilton waterfalls continue to attract crowds as city's death toll climbs to 36
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- Hamilton's iconic pizza provider is reopening next week
- 460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 638 total cases found in Hamilton
- 399 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 474 total cases confirmed in Hamilton
- 511 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 447 total cases confirmed in Hamilton
- 434 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 454 total cases confirmed in Hamilton
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 458 total cases confirmed in Hamilton