326 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 683 total cases found in Hamilton
The province says that 326 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,200 residents have died of the virus, with 1,438 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Six staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 31, Ontario is reporting 27,859 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,266 people have died of the disease, while 21,810 cases have been resolved.
The province says 781 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 118 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 90 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 718,341 tests for the virus have been completed and 9,647 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 17,014 tests have been completed in the last day.
In Hamilton there are currently 683 total COVID-19 cases (up five from Saturday’s report) with 676 confirmed positive cases and seven probable cases (cases for certain symptomatic individuals where laboratory results are not available, inconclusive, or negative).
According to the city, 135 (20%) of these cases were ever hospitalized and 3 (0.4%) of these cases are from facilities with active outbreaks.
37 deaths (5%) have been reported in Hamilton.
At this time, 488 cases are considered resolved (71%).
The city states that noticeable increases in confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Hamilton are the result of changes to testing criteria and local mass testing events in institutional settings, and not necessarily the result of increasing local activity.
The province and city are continuing to update their numbers on a daily basis.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Hamilton
- Hamilton grandmother to spoil grandkids with lotto winnings
- Police identify man killed in double shooting in Hamilton
- One man dead in double shooting in Hamilton
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 734 total cases found in Hamilton
- 266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 761 total cases found in Hamilton
- 455 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 737 total cases found in Hamilton
- 197 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 769 total cases found in Hamilton
- 323 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 678 total cases found in Hamilton