249 days later, Scarlett the abandoned dog finally finds new home
It was a long road for Scarlett—the pup abandoned by her previous owners when they moved and left Scarlett behind.
But 249 days after being turned over to the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA, Scarlett has found a new home thanks to big-hearted adopters.
“This poor girl is a lot of dog to love,” wrote the HBSPCA in a Facebook post. “She is exuberant and loves to play in water. She’s not picky where the water is, in a pool, in a puddle, or in her dish. She just loves to play.”
Scarlett’s adoption was likely delayed due to her being diagnosed with deadly heartworm disease, as well as her lack of social skills, likely aided by her previous owner which led to aggression around other animals.
- An update from the HWDSB
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Pedestrian in her 60s killed in downtown Hamilton
- Cannabis retailers now permitted to provide delivery and curbside pick-up options
- BREAKING: Outbreak declared among staff of Hamilton hospital's special care nursery
- Netflix finally gives subscribers the ability to shut off auto-play
- More than 100 animals in Hamilton area find fur-ever homes during adoption event
- Country Star to Play Hamilton Bulldogs' Home Opener
- Study finds drinking water in Ontario schools contains elevated levels of lead
- Hamilton firefighters dealing with small fire in abandoned building at St Joseph's Healthcare