$1 million Maxmillions lotto ticket sold in Hamilton
The winning ticket for the $70 million Lotto Max jackpot for the Feb 25 draw was sold in Quebec, but Ontario wasn’t left empty-handed, According to Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG), five winning Maxmillions tickets were sold in the province.
- Three Maxmillions tickets, worth $1 million each, were sold in Hamilton, Oxford County, and Sudbury District.
- Two Maxmillions tickets, worth $500,000 each, were sold in Burlington and Unionville.
- Three Encore tickets, worth $100,000 each, were sold in Oxford County, Simcoe County, and Woodbridge.
Since its launch in Sept 2009, Ontario Lotto Max players have won over $5.2 billion, according to OLG.
Lotto Max draws happen twice per week on Tuesdays and Fridays. For each $5 play, players receive three sets of seven numbers ranging from one to fifty. Players must match all seven numbers, in any one set, to win the jackpot or the Maxmillions prizes.
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared in Hamilton over the weekend
- Arrest made in "random killing" of 79 year old Hamilton woman: Police
- McMaster University says all classes for Fall 2020 term to be online
- Police identify suspect in murder of 79 year old Hamilton woman
- Tow truck driver charged with stunt driving in Hamilton